We all love to spoil ourselves and knowing we can multitask while doing it is a HUGE plus in this era of multitasking!
Picture this… soaking your feet, detoxing, and while doing so catching up on IG or FB at the same time! Hello… brilliant!
>>> Even better, more mindful, ditch the social media and just close your eyes and meditate… it is still multi-tasking!
You are going to love this all natural, sea salt and herbal foot bath coming to you with LOVE from Maui, HI.
It is created to be “Tri-Doshic”, meaning it caters to and helps balance out all 3 Ayurvedic Doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Ayurveda by the way is the sister science to Yoga, but it is the less practiced sister of the 2. Shame, because when you put the 2 together you have a power house of wellness…
I even like to say the 2 together are
“Whole Body Badassery”!
Anywho… back on track! This Foot Bath can also be a whole body bath if you have the bathtub and the time!
But for many of us, who do want to multitask without risk of dropping our laptop in the bathtub or don’t have a bathtub will surely enjoy it as a foot bath.
- From the Livestrong.com — You have over 72,000 nerve endings in your feet, and each one corresponds to a different area of the body, says certified reflexologist Jennifer Saraswati Moulden. Reflexologists apply pressure to these points with their hands to achieve overall well-being of mind, body and soul, or to treat specific symptoms and diseases. Soaking the feet works on a similar principal and is a complementary treatment to reflexology. Soaking the feet also works on the principal that the feet are connected to every part of the body and uses the healing power of water to bring relaxation and draw toxins out of the body through sweat glands in the feet. For simple relaxation and detoxification at home, soak your feet in a basin of warm water. The information in this article is not meant to replace advice from a medical professional. -Livestrong.com
Based purely on a combination of dried whole and ground up herbs, sea salt, green clay and baking soda. Zero essential oils, except for what naturally occurs when steeping these amazing herbs in hot water.
The best way to benefit from herbs is to infuse them in water and use within the hour… just like TEA!
Think of this as a TEA for your feet or whole body.
Also… I am not a huge proponent of a harsh cleanse. When your body is balanced and you treat it well then it will cleanse daily. That is what is sooooo AMAZING about the human body… it knows how to digest and eliminate… we just have to stop abusing it. To find balance though we also have to give the body what it needs, nutrients and time to restore. Harsh or forced cleansing can cause more problems then it is worth. Trust me, I’ve seen it all.
Ingredients (not in any particular order):
Whole Rosemary Leaf (Maui Grown): relieves fatigue and is a cleansing tonic for the skin.* (Kapha Dosha)
Whole Lavender Flowers (Organic): cleansing and relaxing inducing a sense of calm for body and mind.* (will calm kapha and pitta doshas and stimulate the vata dosha.)
- Whole Calendula Flowers (Organic): very skin-soothing and even promotes cell repair making it a great healing herb in the bath.* (will calm kapha and pitta doshas and stimulate the vata dosha.)
Lemon Balm Leaves (Organic ground): analgesic that can help reduce excess heat. Provides a cool, calming effect for body and mind.* (Pitta Dosha)
Whole Sage Leaves: clearer skin, and, of course, less evil spirits!!! Plus – It is believed Sage has a unique ability to increase collagen, which is a key factor in the elasticity of the skin.*
Marshmallow Root (Wild Crafted Powder): Great for dry, cracking, problematic, possibly fungal or eczema prone skin.*
Hibiscus (Organic): The natural enzymes present in Hibiscus help to purify your skin by breaking down dead skin and increasing cell turnover.
French Green Clay: Mountain Rose Herbs says:
French Green Clay also sometimes traded as Sea Clay is by far one of the most majestic, most effective, and most Our French green clay has enormous absorbent powers due to the constitution of its micro molecules. It literally “drinks” oils, toxic substances, and impurities from your skin. Its toning action stimulates the skin by bringing fresh blood to damaged skin cells, revitalizing the complexion, and tightening pores.* (Vata Dosha)
Alaea Sea Salt – Soaking in sea salt may be particularly beneficial because it contains an array of minerals that include potassium, which helps to balance skin moisture; bromides, which reduce muscle pain and stiffness; and sodium, which improves the circulation of lymphatic fluid.* Alaea Sea Salt is baked with the healing powers of the red clay that is found in the Hawaiian Islands.
Baking Soda – Softens the skin and assists in relieving itching. Also known to help balance pH and minimize acidity.*
Instructions for Foot Bath:
- Foot Bath: Measure out about dry 1 – 2 ounce(s) of dried mix. A shot glass is an easy measurement for 1 ounce, do 2 shot glasses for a 2 ounces for your foot bath (see pictures).
- For a Whole Body Bath: Measure 8 ounces give or take… if you want to keep it light do only 4-ish ounces if you need a good aroma and benefits from the ingredients do a full 8 ounces if you have a big tub. No need for more than 8 though I’d say!
- IF… you don’t want the loose whole flowers and herbs in your foot/whole body bath, then wrap the dry mixture in cheese cloth to make a ‘tea bag’ or strain through a colander after seeping (see pictures). I personally like the full herbs floating around like I do in the main picture, but it can be a mess if you don’t have an easy way to dispose of them or you don’t want them to clog your bathtub drain in the instance of a bath.
- Infuse in a sauce pan using NEAR boiling water (in other words just as water starts to want to boil, turn off the burner) with a lid to hold in the aroma (aroma is part of the detoxing and healing process, never under estimate the power of the nose!).
- Let sit in hot water for about 20 minutes max, if you don’t have that much time you can use it sooner, but 20 minutes will really help steep the healing properties if you can be patient!
- Right before your 20 minutes is up… fill a foot sized tube (or bathtub if you are going that route) with warm TAP water to your liking (like you would if taking a bath), with enough water to cover your feet or higher if you have a deep tub, the ankles and calves will love this too if you have a deeper tub.
- Back to the Infusion that is steeping: Stir to get any of the sediment off the bottom of your pan, strain through a strainer (if you choose that route) and add the liquid to your foot bath.
- Sit down, put your feet in and enjoy. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: if the water is still too hot back off and give it a few to cool to your comfort zone! DO NOT RISK BURNING YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE, ALWAYS TEST THE WATER.
WARNING: If you or a loved one you are mixing this for has diabetes or any other diagnosed ailment then use EXTREME caution with the heat. Diabetics with numbness or loss of sensitivity in their feet can’t feel HOT water! Please… Please… be very careful.
*Disclaimer because that is how we play the game of naturally caring for ourselves!
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, prevent, or cure any disease. If you do suffer from any disease, injury or chronic disorder please consult your Doctor prior to trying any treatments, methods, or physical practice.