Did you know that Ayurveda is the “sister science” of Yoga?
And as a matter of fact if you are teaching or doing yoga for the “health benefits” then you are actually practicing Ayurveda and NOT just Yoga!
Which if you are teaching yoga and teaching the health benefits of doing yoga, then you should really brush up on your Ayurveda and present yourself, and the industry, in such manner of knowing your true message.
I am constantly shocked how little – to no – knowledge yoga instructors have of Ayurveda. In my 200 hour training in 2009 we briefly covered it, it wasn’t in depth, however we did take a whole 4 hour evening to cover it. Recently talking to a couple of newer instructors (5 years or less I would say) I was shocked to learn that they didn’t explore it for even 1 minute of their 200 hour training.
How can Ayurveda be a lost art in the Yoga world if it is the sister science of Yoga?
The answer is it is NOT… once again, if you are teaching or doing yoga for the health benefits then you are doing Ayurveda and don’t even know it! So it is just a matter of…
“knowing what you know, that you didn’t know, you already knew!” Ha!
Ayurveda – the traditional Hindu system of medicine, which is based on the idea of balance in bodily systems and uses asana, pranayama, diet, and herbal treatment.
Yoga – a Hindu spiritual and ascetic discipline, a part of which, including breath control and meditation. Yoga becomes a final state which one experiences as a result of practice. It is more spiritual to reach enlightenment and even traditionally yoga didn’t have poses.
So if you are practicing Yoga for the later of the above, then you are doing Yoga…
If you are doing Yoga for balancing your body and health, then you are doing Ayurveda…
If you are doing it for all the above, then you are benefiting and practicing both of the sister sciences and KUDOS if you, especially if you already knew that!
Now I am not proposing a trend of changing the names or what we are calling what we do… but I am on a mission to make sure we do understand the difference, have the knowledge to know they are ‘sister sciences’ and educate you so you can truly have the BEST INTEREST of your yoga classes in mind.
To learn more, to dig deeper into how amazing Ayurveda is, learn what the 3 Doshas are and how to take care of your body based on your Dosha. To help you find balance in your existing practice or teachings, join me in one of my trainings.
My next round of “Cultivate Your Inner Yogi” is focusing on yoga teachers, new or a seasoned yoga instructor that wants to know more.
Cultivate Your Inner Yogi – Teacher Addition
Learn how Ayurveda is the Sister Science of Yoga
and ideas for theming your classes to help you make more student connections.
When: April 3 – May 1, 2018 (access to modules immediately, see below for details)
Duration: 15 non-contact hours CE
- Pre-recorded webinar/modules that are ready to view and take notes on your own time. 5 Modules:
- History of Yoga and Ayurveda, Intro to Ayurveda, Pranayama, Goal Setting, Intentions, Affirmations, Mantras, Meditation Made Easy.
- The 7 Chakras
- 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Yin Yoga, 5 Elements of Chinese Medicine and Lines of Energy, more Pranayama, Meditation and more…
- Or listen to the Audible only versions like a podcast on the go. Walk your dog, clean house or while you commute.
- The modules are yours to view or listen to and review as often as you want for a lifetime. Think Netflix or Amazon streaming.
- Online, in the comfort of your own home!
- Email support for any questions you have at any time.
- Includes 2 online 1 on 1 coaching sessions with Renee. (worth $200) Must be completed by May 15th, 2018.
- Includes interactive PDF Workbook for your use.
- Dosha Quiz for Ayurveda
- 5 – Tuesday night group, online, meetings for discussion and Q&A, will be recorded if you can’t attend live.
- 5 workbooks, module specific, that must be completed and submitted, to earn Certificate for CE.
- Course as a group lasts 5 weeks, but as soon as you sign up you have access to the modules immediately and to view forever, to get your certificate you need to complete by May 15th! This gives you lead way if you have a vacation or something like that planned!
- And more…
FAQ’s: Visit my FAQ’s page to browse Frequently Asked Questions.
More information on all of Renee’s trainings in the Online Learning and Online Yoga Studio of her website.